Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Forgotten and Glorious ACW Minis Are Unforgettable AND Glorious

My order of ACW 28mm miniatures from FG Miniz Forgotten & Glorious Company of Art arrived on Monday and did not disappoint.   F&G are a relatively new French company, and seem to be additional proof that trans-Atlantic hobbyists like myself don’t just have to look to Great Britain as the centre of gravity for our hobby.   European companies like F&G and Black Hussar are doing cracking work these days, and I am sure there are many other Eur minis companies that I don’t know about.

I was considering F&G’s Kickstarter campaign for their 14th Brooklyn figures (they seem to specialize in early ACW) but when the announced a new line of Iron Brigade sculpts, I was hooked.  I have several regiments of this iconic Union brigade and thought that these F&G figures, especially the command figures, just had loads of character.  There was also the thrill of getting figures from the first production run of minis from brand new moulds.  

Here’s a command group, taking the air on my patio table.  I love the look of the colonel with sword on the right.  He seems to be saying, “Now then, Padre, you seem like a fellow with the right mettle, I’m sure you’ll move us to the front of the painting queue."

 Another thing I love about F&F is that their national standard flagpole comes with a US eagle.   I’ve never seen a company do that before, and I’ve always wanted one.

 

 These figures compare well in size with other lines of 28mm ACW figures.  Seen below on the far left is a Perry plastic figure, and on the right is one from Old Glory.  I would say that the F&G figures are slightly larger than the ACW line from Foundry, and perhaps a tiny bit smaller than the ones from Redoubt.

There is stiff competition for the painting queue, but I suspect I’ll get on to these fellows sooner rather than later.

Blessings to your dice and brushes!

MP+

10 comments:

  1. No doubt! F&G ACW figures are beautifully sculpted. I have some 14th Brooklyn and they are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My inner geek says "Spiffy!" My outer elderly gamer/painter says "JEALOUS!" Have fun, Padre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I've always liked the look of the Iron Bgde with the Hardee hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are excellent looking figures! Enjoy giving them some brush love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking figures says one of the few American's who doesn't game ACW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look like rather lovely fig's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great score. These gentlemen look mint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little guys are diorama worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks fro all your kind comments guys

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers